AN EXPERT IN ANYTHING WAS ONCE A BEGINNER! #ProTipChallenge

5 BEGINNER TIPS TO IMPROVE FOOTAGE WITH THE INSTA360 ONE R 📸 

Hello Insta360 community! This is my first post ever and my very first time recording myself (specifically for this challenge) 🤗 

Here are 5 simple tips for Insta360 One R beginners to take better shots:

TIP #1: ELIMINATE SELFIE STICK SHADOW ☀️

As you know, your camera needs to be positioned perfectly straight while attached to the invisible selfie stick, or the stick will appear in your shot.

However, even if the camera is properly positioned, many times the stick can still be “seen” via its shadow. 

My super easy tip to reduce/eliminate the selfie stick shadow is to simply be aware of the position of the sun while filming or taking photos! Position your camera so that it isn’t directly in front of the sun and the selfie stick will not cast a shadow. 

Keeping this simple tip in mind before shooting will ensure that your selfie stick remains completely unseen 🥷🏻

TIP #2: PROTECT YOUR LENS 📷

A lens protector is a vital accessory for your action cam. I learned this the hard way as my One R became unfastened from my backpack and went crashing to the cold, hard cement 🤦🏻‍♀️

Had I been proactive in protecting my lens, the damage would have been avoided. Learn from my mistake and invest in a lens protector for your camera!

Also, always use official Insta360 accessories for your action cam, to ensure it is properly protected.

TIP #3: LATERAL FILMING ANGLE 📐 

While editing, I realized that objects filmed perfectly lateral and within a short distance to the One R will disappear or get cut off in videos.

My easy tip is to always account for the blind spot in order to avoid accidentally cutting off content in your videos.

(This blind spot can even be used to your advantage, as you’ll learn in my next tip!)

TIP #4: GET RID OF MUFFLED AUDIO 🎤 

Another thing I noticed while editing is that the One R’s selfie stick case can cause a muffled noise in videos. 

This likely occurs because the camera’s microphone is internal and covered while inside the case. This creates a vibration within the case and is noticeable when editing video.

To achieve clearer audio, simply add an external microphone to your camera. 

The external mic will sit on the side of your cam—and as I mentioned in tip #3, objects closely lateral to the lens disappear, so your mic won’t be visible in your shots!👌🏼

TIP #5: GET CONNECTED 🌎

My final tip for improving footage with your action camera is to get connected!

I’m just learning how to use my One R (it’s so cool!) and have found that the Insta360 online community is an invaluable resource for tips, tricks, knowledge, and inspiration💡 

During these unprecedented times of quarantines and social isolation, it’s more important than ever to stay connected.

The Insta360 community provides a social connection in an interactive setting with likeminded people ❤️

I hope you enjoyed these super simple tips for improving your experience with the Insta360 One R! I am greatly enjoying my action cam journey so far and look forward to learning more as I read/hear all of your tips as well! 🙌🏼 

Stay safe and stay shooting 📸

Paula