Tutorial - Activating/ Connecting Insta360 One R to Android for the 1st time

Tutorial - Activating/ Connecting Insta360 One R to Android for the 1st Time - Step by Step

As I needed to connect insta360 One R to my New smartphone for the first time, I decided to record a video-tutorial showing the steps necessary to connect the camera for the first time.

As I read often people writing they have trouble connecting the camera, perhaps this video might be valuable to those that are facing this "challenge"

The vídeo shows the importance of following the prompts/ warnings given by the app.

What I recommend to the developers team is to update the App with the WARNING "CONNECT WI-FI+GPS+BLUETOOTH" instead of a "gentle notification" about the gps/ Bluetooth sometimes being necessary.

Sometimes it's better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission 😉

:

video embedded

Video opens in new window/ YouTube app:

https://youtu.be/zpX0TYNJ5ns

I think #ProtipChallenge has already ended so I'll be classifying this as a Tutorial perhaps.

The procedure on this phone (p30 lite new edition) was very different from my other phone where it had connected first through Bluetooth to complete network handshake and provide the password to be copied to the one R WiFi connection...

This made the GPS / location mandatory for the camera be able to connect.

Probably this substitutes the former activation I had done on a Mate 9 that didn't require GPS signal but that time it had the previous firmware version.

Anyway. Hope everyone finds this useful

The vídeo is a screen record and should be seen in portrait mode/ full screen and can be seen on s secondary display/ smartphone while the user is connecting to another terminal equipment.

If you found this valuable hit that 👍 and favourite ⭐for future reference

Stay @awesomein360 🤙🤙