#DIYGearChallenge - @Awesomein360's 5 Meter GojiraMonopod

Hello insta 360 creators!

To celebrate 45000 Gold Coins Redeemed,

I am here today with a simple #DiyGear this time dedicated to the epic 5/6 meter pole aka #GojiraMonopod that some of you might have already seen in some of my works! 🔥🔥🔥

(Image is funky but I will update it later)

The previous DIY gear tutorial ( https://forums.insta360.com/mobile/section/16/post/5827/ ) showed you how to combine 2 or 3 selfie sticks for a specific environment/ use as a #MiniGojiraMonopod but this One is more technical yet probably more useful.

In this DIY gear project I will show you how easy it is to convert a carbon fiber or fiberglass Carp fishing rod into a epic Looooooooooooooooooooong monopod.

This one can vary between 4 sections of 58cms , 170-220cms (Mini GojiraMonopod) to 9 sections of 58cms, 450-500cms (or more on GojiraMonopod).

All you need is to find a market place or store where you can buy a fiberglass rod (these are cheaper), and a 1/4 inch screw from a hardware store.

The last fiberglass section will have to be cut/ adjusted to the screw head diameter and then sawed accordingly to the correct length.

This means the last section will not have a 58cm length (I used a good saw knife I own).

The screw can have a filling of glue, hot glue or tape to fill the gap between the rod diameter and the empty space.

On mine I use a 1/4 inch nut as a spacer

that can be tightened against the female screw hole, but any 1/4 universal washer will work.

The screw is around 4 cms/ 2 inches long.

In my case both fishing rods were cheap but it may be more or less expensive depending where you live in the world.

I decided to transform the rod after looking at it closely and realized how simple this would be.

This way I can get to points where I simply couldn't have the same perspective.

Besides that, this compacted size of 58cms fits very well on a hiking bag, stand up paddle board and specially inside my motorcycle top case ridding me of having to ride with a backpack.

Regarding the specifications, the #Mini weighs 111grs (170cms extended) without the camera and the #GojiraMonopod weighs 530grs.

For comparison One R weighs around 150grs.

Here are some examples captured by both GojiraMonopods:

I hope you enjoy doing this #DiyGear and if you found it valuable, hit that 👍 and favourite 🌟 for future reference.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

I'm almost always available.

A lot of awesomein360 content is coming and more DIY gear is included too!

Follow me here on insta360 App and on the usual social media platforms (my username is the same).

Keep creating 💫

Keep chasing adventure🛸

Keep helping people in the forum😜

Keep digging that Gold 😁

I redeemed mine! After One year, guess what I got!? 🔥🔥🔥

Stay @Awesomein360 🤙🤙